Saturday, September 8, 2007

New post! New post!

My view - on my way home from work.....


I have been working lately. I started a new job at a familiar resort. Last winter I worked on the lift crew at Snowbasin, in Huntsville, UT. It was a lot of fun and just fantastic to be able to take advantage of the ski benefits. Since I was only part time, I had to pay an whopping $10.00 to ski, and so did my husband, Nolan. My kids, because they are under 6 years old, ski for free not matter whether or not I am an employee. I had a good time last year, but this year, I wanted a change. I was planning on asking the ticket manager (who happens to be my next door neighbor and friend) if I could work on his staff this year. Well I was outside a few weeks ago hanging my laundry out to dry, and he came up to the fence and out of the blue said, "Hey do you want a job?" Of course I said, "yes". He the said, "Okay, you're hired. Can you start Labor Day weekend?" I started working on the ticket staff and am having a great time! I have already met more of my fellow resort co-workers in the 6 days I have been at work this year, than I did the entire season last year. I like learning more about the resort and its inner workings, too. I also have a beautiful drive to and from work. The leaves are starting to turn and I am excited to see the colors in full bloom in a few weeks. I have been driving on the "Old Snowbasin Road" which is a lot less crowded and much more picturesque. It is closed in the winter so I am taking advantage of it now. When I get some "fall color bloom" photos I will post them too, but the pictures in this post is what the view looks like now. Still very scenic. This is looking towards the resort

.

Sienna started Pre-school at Children's Classic Pre-School and Daycare, and Gunnar will be joining the same school in November. She attends only 2 days a week and so far, Sienna loves it! Gunnar will love it too. I know this because every time we drop off Sienna, he pulls away from me because he wants to stay there and "pway, Nie-Nah" (play with Sienna). We have to wait until November for Gunnar to enroll because it is such a great school, there is a waiting list, and the classes for kids his age are all currently full. It had been a long while since the kids had haircuts, so in honor of Sienna starting her new school (and Gunnar really wanting to start school too) we took a trip to the (oh so elegant) salon, Dollar Cuts! Gunnar and Sienna love having their hair cut and they are so cute when sitting up like big kids in the big chairs.



There is so much more going on right now, too. Nolan started his new job at Hill Air Force Base and is really enjoying that. It has a promising future for us, too. We are going to be house shopping soon. Now with these new jobs underway, it is time to get out of renting and join the homeowners. Hopefully it can happen in a timely manner. I am also working on some of my personal photo scrapbook projects right now too. I will try to get caught up and keep up on regular posts.

Thanks for tuning in!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay! So much going on. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you are liking your job. Jobs with perks are always the best kind! BTW, I love G-man's voice. He's so cute!

Rabble-rouser said...

Gunnar is such a handsome little man! Love his new haircut! Really like Sienna's shorter hair too, so cute!!