Monday, August 11, 2008

What all the buzz is about...

Gunnar has been sweating a lot this summer. Especially since about mid July. He'd had the cutest little mop top hairdo (which I loved) for quite a while, but he would just sweat all day long. To try and cool him down a bit, I would put him under the A.C. in the hallway for as long as he could stand being there, but then about 5 minutes later, his hair would be wet again. Here he is being Supee-man (Superman) and Sienna is being Supee-girl!
So one evening last week, I decided he was getting his hair cut. When Nolan got home, we bathed him, washed his long locks for the last time, and took him out to the driveway. He actually stood pretty still while Nolan shaved his head. We used an electric shaver with a length guard attached.Isn't he just so cute?Everybody who has seen it so far says he looks older...and I agree. He has been a lot cooler ever since. His head is not covered in sweat now, and he even seems more energetic!For all the fans of his longer hair, (Melanie, I know you are one of them!) don't worry. We will be growing it back out this winter - when he can actually use the extra warmth.
:)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I did love the long locks, but he looks so cute this way too! And yes, he look so much older! And I feel like he looks more like Sienna -- which I don't know why that would be since Sienna has plenty of hair ... maybe I can just see his face better. So cute!