Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sienna-isms


I just love my adorable little girl! She is so fun to talk to and I love how she expresses herself. It is very fun to see the world through her beautiful brilliant blue eyes!

A few weeks ago, we were doing some extra credit homework in her school notebook. The problem was to find rhyming words for one given word, which was was "pen". I told that "den" was one word...then had to explain to what a den was. Then I asked her what another name for a female chicken was. She correctly answered, "hen".
My next idea was to find the plural form of "man". So I asked her what another word was for grown up boys. And she said questioningly, "daddys?" I told her she was sort of correct, but what about a different way to say a whole bunch of daddys all together. She thought for a moment then said in an impish little voice, "Meat?"
I started laughing so hard I could barely breathe. She began her contagious giggle and finally realized what was so funny!!

Another time, we were again doing homework, this time working on spelling words. We got to one particular word that she didn't know. The word was "wool". She asked me what it was and I said, "Wool is the fur that comes from sheep. You can make warm sweaters out of it, or blankets. Have you ever heard of a woolly sheep?"
She perked up and said confidently, "Oh yeah! Is that kind of like the 'Woolly Ghost'?"
I burst out laughing and she began her contagious giggle, but couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard. Between breaths I finally got it out that who she was referring to was the "Holy Ghost"!!

I love you Sienna!! You are my pride and joy!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

LOL that is so funny! I also love your eavesdropping video!

Melanie said...

I don't know where I'd be in my life without the Woolly Ghost.

Sienna is awesome!

Rabble-rouser said...

The Woolly Ghost, so warm and cozy!