Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Silly Sienna & Goofy Gunnar

My kids love listening to books on audio CDs as they are going to bed. Tonight, I was asking my daughter which story she would like to hear. I said, "Do you want 'The Mystery Envelope', 'The Monster in the Closet', or 'The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid'?"

She responded by telling me very adamantly, "Mom! It is not 'The Monster in the Closet'! It is 'Junie B. Jones has a Monster UNDER HER BED!' ... by Barbara Park ... read for you by Lana Quintal."

I looked at her and laughed. "How do you know all that?"

"Because mom, I am a smart girl!"

She is definitely smart. I pushed play on the CD and sure enough the voice on it said, "'Junie B. Jones has a Monster Under Her Bed!' ... by Barbara Park ... read for you by Lana Quintal."

As I was laughing, I looked out of the kids' room and saw that Nolan could barely contain himself as he laughed with me at our little girl's funny comments. Sienna joined in and then of course, Gunnar, never wanting to miss a beat, laughed right along with the rest of us, even though he didn't know what we were laughing at. (By the way, this happens quite often when something funny happens. Gunnar loves to laugh every chance he gets ... and sometimes it is a forced laugh ... which makes the whole situation even more funny!)

I am so thankful for my cute little family!

3 comments:

Rabble-rouser said...

I remember that. That was funny!

Melanie said...

Sienna seriously is the funniest kid!

Anonymous said...

Eric and Sandra here. Did not know you could write so much. Probably cuz you be a girl. Huh.::

We also bought another house in Manistique Michigan,It will be our summer home when we retire. Plan on retiring in about 3 to 4 years. Gona go after the $$$$$. Will be 68 before I call it quits.

Your family is great.
Glad you are doing so well.

See ya
love Eric and Sandra

P.S. Glad you turn out the lights.